Pomo Productive

I'm a huge procrastinator, especially when it comes to my writing. I often let myself get distracted by kids, dogs, tidying, blogs, and of course Facebook and Twitter. It was during on of my major procrastinations of blog hopping that I stumbled  across a technique to help you be more productive called the Pomodoro Technique.

You can check out the downloads page HERE that has the PDF download, to-dos sheets, worksheets, and more.

Here is the basics for how Pomodoro works:
  1. Choose a task to be accomplished
  2. Set the Pomodoro to 25 minutes (the Pomodoro is the timer)
  3. Work on the task until the Pomodoro rings, then put a check on your sheet of paper
  4. Take a short break (5 minutes is OK) 
  5. Every 4 Pomodoros take a longer break.
This technique organizes your time, and helps you to eliminate your tasks one at a time, keeping you focused by using short timers with the reward of a break at the end. If you failed to finish your task at hand, then you can start another 25 minute session after your break and continue until your timer rings again.
I'm still trying to figure out if it would be best to set my writing tasks by how many words I write, or if I should go by how many pages I can write in my 25 minute Pomos. I guess I will just have to test them out throughout this week and see which works best.
Hopefully this will help me mange my time better so that I will get more done in the day, including more writing.
What techniques do you use to help you stay productive?
Edit:
While trying to find a timer on my android phone, I found an app called Promodroido that makes your promodoro times a game that you can achieve levels. What fun! I can definitely see this app working for me!


Ta!
A.McBay

Comments

Popular Posts